Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

On 2/6/04 8:59 PM, "Paul Johnson" wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 12:29:54PM -0600, Dave's List Addy wrote:
>> Really? Why make it a hassle for the user? We run Debian, but in a
>> hosting/DNS/Server environment. I am sure many others aren't using their
>> Debian as a desktop. We use Mac OS X for desktop, so when I reply, I have to
>> do reply all or I end of sending to the poster, which seems to irritate many
>> on the list.
>
> Complain to your mail software's vendor.  There is no excuse for any
> MUA to lack reply-to-list in this day and age.

Well I am the dumb one here now :( I did some RTFM on our mail client and
have now set up the reply-to properly. Lazy me :)

>> So is Debian not about accommodating the new user?
>
> It is: I switched to Debian using only the installation manual and the
> 7-floppy-disk installation for bo back in 1997, right before hamm went
> stable.

I didn't mean to say that the Debian install was not for new users, we also
did the same thing, 4 floppies and net install, actually of all the flavors,
Debian to me was a breeze, though lacking (not a bad thing) a GUI installer.

>> Or is this strictly for the good old boys?
>
> Your question is based on the wrong assumption.  Debian is not about
> accommodating broken software or said software's users.  That's what
> Microsoft is for (though you get better support for Microsoft products
> from the Psychic Friends Network than from Microsoft[1], so
> apparently, accommodating broken software and it's users isn't
> Microsoft's modus operandi, either).
>
>> Seems of late that there are more and more bash and flames then help coming
>> from the herd. It's to bad considering how excellent Debian is.
>
> Hey, you act hostile, expect a hostile response.

My apologies, I was lacking the proper amount of caffeine at that time.

--
Thanks!!
David Thurman