Re: dvips TeX printer driver

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:35:37AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> My plain text files print darker than my .ps files, and I did not see
> anything in info dvips to suggest one could control that, probably
> because this is an issue for the printer itself. But then I don't see
> how there is the difference in weight.

You can convert them to ps using any number of programs. Then they
should print just the same. Enscript is one such program, but there
should be others as well.

apt-cache show enscript:
Package: enscript
 Enscript converts ASCII files to PostScript, HTML, RTF or Pretty-Print
 and stores generated output to a file or sends it directly to the printer.

Hope that helps,
Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>