Re: from Peter Brown

Fleur de Lis wrote:

I found you through"http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200104/msg03575.html";

<snip> [WinXP corrupted a 20GB drive swapped in and out with a 6GB drive that was partitioned with Partition Magic 8]

If after reading [the full story] you feel that there is some chance of restoring the original file system, please let me know. I am in a very desperate situation and anxious to recover these files.

<snip>

There are some tools that might help, but I'm unfamiliar with their use. If the files are really important to you, and you don't have backups (doh! Lesson learned, right?), you'd probably be better off sending the drive to one of those professional recovery places (but it'll co$t you).

And you're probably aware that the link you found took you to a list of Debian GNU/Linux users; most of us are either unfamiliar with or well familiar with and therefore despise the Windows line of operating systems, so don't be surprised at any responses you may get.

--
Kent