Re: Audio Advice

Andreas Janssen wrote:
Hello

Joel Konkle-Parker (<jjk3@msstate.edu>) wrote:

Loevborg wrote:

You could also use a "backported" kernel-image from www.backport.org
That would save you the trouble of compilation and would still be
quite clean.

Yeah, that's what I tried first, but the OSS modules didn't really
work too well (esound wouldn't start, any sound through /dev/dsp came
out sped up and at a higher pitch).

This is maybe a problem with the sampling rate. Perhaps you can tell esd
to set it to 48000 kHz.

I can't run esd. When I start it up, it says it can't find any compatible sample rates/bit rates and exits. Even 16bit/44100Hz is listed as "unavailable".

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]

E-mail     [jjk3@msstate.edu]