Re: problem with module config

[j smith]
> i installed Debian 2.2 and kernel 2.4 on the 1st CD of Debian 3.0,
> and compiled the kernel, but can't make modules work. modprobe
> complains it can't find the modules i request.

Yes, the module layout has changed with kernel 2.4.  And yes, this does
break older versions of modutils.  I don't remember which version of
modutils ships with Debian potato, but it's probably too old.

You'll want to install a newer version of modutils - either by finding
a potato backport somewhere, or just compiling from source.  The
Documentation/Changes file from the 2.4.18 kernel source recommends
modutils 2.4.2 or newer.

Peter