Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

Paul Johnson wrote:
You may be unique in this.  Many other people have posted many
examples of reply-to being used legitimately.

No, they have not. They have posted examples how how it might be used in some fantasy world. Here in te real world there was only one real-world example, yours. And that one example you're talking about an item that was designed almost 20 years after the relevant RFC was written and can be called broken since it doesn't implement that feature. One example in 20 years does not a strong precident make.

Believe what you will, you're entrenched beyond reason right now to
the point where you won't even believe other people's first-hand
experience in far more luser-heavy environments (trust me, tech
support houses have normally clueful people that get knocked down a
few notches by the end of the day from the telebogodynamic rift that
causes morons to call in.  8:o)

    One person's first hand experience and who said anything about tech support?