Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 02:43:10PM -0500 or thereabouts, David P James wrote:

> > Well, I have TB 0.5a Jan 28 2004. The reply to sender works in
> > newsgroup mode.
>
> Really? Pressing the Reply button sends it to the sender and not the
> newsgroup?

I said 'reply to sender'. It's a simple matter of right contextual
clicking while in the preview pane, and selecting "reply to sender".
Available in e-mail and news mode.

> I just noticed you can select "Sender only" under the Message menu, but
> there is no button available for that.

Correct. No icon.

> Still, TB and Moz's main weakness is lack of mailing list support. The
> way the newsgroup reply button is set up just follows from that lack of
> support. Plus with TB/Moz's relatively weak filters you can't do
> anything about it either (ie, you can't attempt to rewrite the reply-to
> header either).

I agree, and had submitted the bug a couple of years ago.

Last I heard it was to be done for the 1.6 release, although I have to
admit, that I haven't checked it's bugzilla  status, for some time.

--
Stephen

A man's best friend is his dogma.