Re: Need help, dual NICs, don't know whether this /etc/network/interfaces file is correct

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:52:36AM -0600, Kent West said
> Joseph Jones wrote:
> >Output follows (hope you don't mind me cc'ing to you and the list):
> >
> >00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce Ethernet
> >Controller (rev c2)
> >    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 0c11
>

> All the "Unknown device" lines I see indicate to me that your hardware
> is too new for your kernel to recognize it. What kernel are you running
> (uname -a)?

No, it means lspci is out of date; the kernel and lspci use different
databases to convert the ID codes to names.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:          Soviet nitrate genetic quarter Ortega undercover NSA