Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

Dale Welch wrote:
> You have to consider who the majority of the people are and consider
> that most things should be answered back to the list.  Therefore a
> small extra action by the replyer if he wants to send it back to the
> original sender is preferred so that the new user will correctly reply
> back to the list.

Really? Interesting. My intuition has always been that when I ``reply''
to a message, it is replying to the sender who sent it (or his preferred
address for replies to be read), not a forwarding mechanism or group.
List-reply seemed to be a logical extension of email activity when I
want to discuss the issue with the list, rather than just the sender.

I think as a new user I would be more embarrassed if I ended up replying
to a list with a message intended for the sender rather than to the
sender with a message for the list (which he would receive anyway. :)

I vote to keep it the way it is on the principle of least embarassment.

--mike