Re: dvips TeX printer driver

Haines Brown wrote:
> When I migrated to debian, I lost my ability to print LaTeX files. No
> information is sent to the printer.
>
> The printer driver is dvips, and I assumed that it was included in the
> LaTeX package, for that was the case with my LaTeX installation under
> RedHat. Under Debian, is the driver a separate package, and if so what
> is it called?

what do you mean "driver", do you mean the command you type to print a file?
when you have created the dvi file from the latex source, you should just be
able to type `dvips file.dvi` and it will be sent to the printer. is your
printer working normally for everything else?

the dvips command is part of the `tetex-bin' package; if you installed LaTeX
using aptitude, i would be VERY surprised if tetex-bin was not also installed.

hope that helps,

cheers,
Sam
--