Re: debian ... can't get it to install

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:05:37 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:59:04AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
>> Try a knoppix CD (you can download the image and burn one yourself). Use this
>> and in 15 minutes you have a fully configured Debian system. Painless.
>
> Apparently this bears repeating again and again and again, since clueless
> people refuse to get it....
>
> No, in fifteen minutes, he will have a fully configured *Knoppix* system.
> Converting this "system" into Debian will not be painless.

I was going to respond earlier, but I've tried to inform the OP previously
that knoppix, although based on debian, does not correspond to a debian
distro.

Perhaps a new acronym is in order here:

KIND : Knoppix Is Not Debian

or DINK :)

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual