Re: anti-virus software for Gnu/Linux

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:09:32 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> On 2004-02-06, Paul Johnson penned:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:28:14PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
>>> Hopefully Rick forgives the personal intrusion.
>>
>> If you consider getting an email from someone else on the net as a
>> personal intrusion, you probably don't belong on the net.  8:o)
>>

> I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but I think the intrusion was
> in quoting someone's private email without permission.

Which reminds me of a good and useful rule:

When writing an email, assume that it will be forwarded and possibly made
public.

E.g., if you say "Jack screwed up the system due to sheer incompetency and
it took me hours to fix it", bet on Jack receiving a copy.

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual