Re: "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" does not saves the new XF86Config-4 in /etc/X11

J.S.Sahambi wrote:

> I have Debian/unstable on my machine which I recently installed. The
> problem is that whenever I try to configure X with
>
> "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"
>
> everything is ok, only at the end of the configuration the new
> XF86Config-4 is not overwritten in /etc/X11/ directory.
>
> Am i missing something?

Yes:

# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 X Window System server configuration file)
#
[..]
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xfree86 package upgrades
# *only* if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the
# xserver-xfree86 package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following commands as root:
#
#   cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.custom
#   md5sum /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 > /var/lib/xfree86/XF86Config-4.md5sum
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86