Re: Soundcard probs and total novice

On Friday 06 February 2004 8:25 am, Andreas Janssen wrote:

> > What the hell do I need to do to get the souncard working?
>
> Load the driver. ac97 is not sufficient. And add yourself to the audio
> group to solve the permission problems.

OK - having checked - the alsa drivers were not installed - however - I'm a
bit tentative now. I used dselect to select the driver modules - and the
dependancy list included the 2.4.16 kernel-image. I'm currently using the
2.4.24 kernel, and don't want it overwriting (2.4.24 needed for USB support -
which works just fine).

Can I simply deselect the kernel image, or are the alsa modules looking for
something specific in the kernel-image?

Steve.