Reboot a distant server with a new kernel

Hello,
I am about to upgrade the kernel of a distant server remotely. There are massive changes and i am scared that it won't boot anymore. My problem is that this machine has no video card or keyboard (otherwise i could use Lilo to choose between the new kernel and the old one that works perfectly).

I was wondering if there is a way to reboot just for once on the new kernel and if it doesn't work then it would reboot on the working one.

Any suggestion ?

I don't really want to go on the server pick the harddrive, stick it on another machine with a video card and a keyboard if something goes wrong...

Regards,
Thomas