Re: gcc & the kernel, supermount (?)

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:50:04PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> Change the CC variables, too.  But why are you doing this at all? 2.4.24
> should compile fine with gcc 3.3.3, and all previous 2.4 kernels have
> critical security flaws.

The fact that 2.95-4 is still the recommended kernel compiler by people who
should know (ie, the kernel developers) is more than enough reason to use
it to build kernels in preference to 3.x.

The amazing number of regressions 3.x seems to perpetually go through is
another good reason. ^_^

--
 Marc Wilson |     April 1 This is the day upon which we are reminded
 msw@cox.net |     of what we are on the other three hundred and