Re: Unable to boot from HD - or make boot floppy

Pedro M. wrote:

Daniel Miller wrote:

Hullo the group!

I've a got machine that I've been fighting with to make a usable router. Debian Woody installed just dandy - but I cannot get it to boot using either LILO or GRUB - I get errors going to stage 1.5 from GRUB and LILO usually hangs up with L0 L0 L0, etc.

I'm assuming this is a hard drive / bios problem - I've used cfdisk to eliminate all partitions, started from scratch, and same mproblem.

So I gave up on that and tried to make a boot floppy. But I can't seem to create an boot floppy that uses the new initrd kernels (and I really want to use 2.6). Can someone give this bonehead some pointers please?

Daniel

If its' a USB HD you can see http://www.freewebs.com/tsj/bootingUSB_ldp_v0.1.htm

Regards.

Not USB - plain old IDE.