Re: usb cd-rw not found by cdrecord

Hi all,
thank-you for pointing me in the right direction.
It appears the modules have changed recently, as I don't recognize some, but here is what I think I need for usb cd-rws' ( kernel 2.4.22-1-386 Debian stock testing ):

ide-core (not familiar with this one), usb-storage, usbcore,
scsi_mod, sg, sr_mod,
cdrom, loop

I could read cds by mounting the device /dev/scd0.  Hope this helps someone.

I would guess it's sg_mod and scsi_mod, because those are what it uses to access an IDE CD-RW (plus ide-scsi, which isn't relevant here), and Linux tends to use the SCSI subsystem for access to USB storage devices.

Adam

Brian