Re: Minicom problem

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 15:21, Bobby Dunlap wrote:
> I don't really know if I am communicating with anyone or not, but here
> goes....

You're certainly communicating with people, just the wrong ones :)

> I am using Red Hat 8, start minicom, and immediately after the message
> "initializing modem" appears, the cursor hangs up, will not accept any
> keyboard input and never recieve the "OK" prompt to test the dialing
> function in the modem.  The modem is ESS (Creative) and was recognized
> and configured by KUDZU at boot up after installation.  It has been
> assigned to /dev/ttyS1, IRQ 3.  Can anyone help?  As you can tell by
> my question, I am a beginner and woulld really like to switch to LINUX
> from Windows, but must get online.  Somebody please help!

Because you are running red hat and not debian (this is a mailing list
for Debian users), the appropriate place to request help on this would
be on a red hat mailing list.

Try the link below for more information:
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/

Of course, you could always try installing Debian... ;o)

HTH

-davidc