automating apt-get

I think I'm on the verge of persuading our technical people that we
should be using debian in our labs rather than RH.

One thing that would tip the scales is if it were possible to
*completely* automate the upgrade process.

For instance: our techies would do an update followed by an upgrade on
a central/test machine to ensure everything was OK. They would then
like to be able to run the same commands on several dozen lab machine
*without* any manual intervention (e.g. not having to answer those
questions about  opackage configuration etc).

Is this feasible/easy? Is there a better way of mirroring a debian
system to many others?

All feedback gratefully received.
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |