Re: Need help, dual NICs, don't know whether this /etc/network/interfaces file is correct (sorry I accidentally replied to you, Adam)

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 12:08, Joseph Jones wrote:
> Adam Aube wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 February 2004 09:39 pm, Joseph Jones wrote:
> >
> >>Could someone just check over this for me please? I'm having no end of
> >>trouble trying to get my nforce's onboard interface working.
> >>
> >>If this isn't the problem, could someone suggest what is? The forcedeth
> >>patch installed cleanly, and appears to be trying to work.
> >

> >>/etc/network/interfaces follows:
> >

> > [snipped]
> >
> > Your interfaces file looks fine. Exactly what happens when you try to get
> > your network interface working, and how do you try to do it?
> >
> > Adam
> >

>   I try to get it working by starting up my PC. I was under the
> impression that that was all was requied after installing the kernel
> (it's all my Via Rhine based card needed).
>
> Upon bootup, it says something along the lines of eth1: ERROR while
> getting interface flags: No such device (dmesg has ceased to work for
> some reason, so I had to right it down as it flashed by) about 6 or so
> times.

It seems like the kernel doesnt support your your card, either because
the driver isnt compiled in, or because you havn't inserted the module
yet. If you comiled the driver as a module, make sure to load it using
/etc/modules so that it is available at boot time.

-davidc