Re: Need help, dual NICs, don't know whether this /etc/network/interfaces file is correct

Joseph Jones wrote:
Could someone just check over this for me please? I'm having no end of trouble trying to get my nforce's onboard interface working.

If this isn't the problem, could someone suggest what is? The forcedeth patch installed cleanly, and appears to be trying to work.

To bolster you, I'm running the onboard network interface
(epox board 8rda+) with kernel 2.6.1 and the forcedeth patch.
And it's working fine right after kernel compile.

(I'd suggest, you remove the second network interface unless the internal one runs properly.)
As I don't know your Linux skills, let me ask
if there are any network related messages in the logs at /var/log/...?

Another hint; if you didn't come across it yet: There's also a forum at http://www.nforcershq.com which specialized on nforce boards.

Daniel

PS: I cannot recommend this board at all. I have trouble with agp and sound eversince!