Re: x-ttcidfont-conf help?

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 07:01:49PM -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker said
> When I installed Woody, defoma and x-ttcidfont-conf were installed along
> with it. I assume from what I've read that x-ttcidfont-conf is designed
> to control my TrueType fonts, rather than X itself.
>
> Well, that's all fine and good, but x-ttcidfont-conf doesn't seem to be
> able to find my fonts. I've installed msttcorefonts to get Arial,
> Verdana, and a few others, and they show up in /usr/share/fonts and
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType, but not in
> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, as I assume they should.
>
> I've gone ahead and replaced my XFS source lines with the above

You don't need to use XFS unless you're actually sharing fonts across
the network.

> x-ttcidfont-conf alternative, like debconf suggested, and I've
> reconfigured both x-ttcidfont-conf and msttcorefonts, but to no avail.

Have you added /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType and
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType as FontPath entries in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4?  You should only have to do the latter, but
perhaps something is buggy.  Also, make sure you use "xfontsel" or
"xlsfonts" or similar to see if the fonts appear, not kcontrol or such.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      NWO ASLET Firefly codes domestic disruption CDMA Albania