Re: Checking signatures.

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:23:17 +0000
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 05:30:22PM +0800, Katipo wrote:
> > I've been on the package page on the Debian site and done a number
> > of searches for a package that checks developer signatures on debs.
>
> debsigs or debsig-verify, but there are no signatures on .debs at the
> moment so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Thanks.
I was having a discussion with some Mandrake people who were saying that
urpmi was the only package verification programme around. I knew it
wasn't true. I just couldn't recall the name of the package for the life
of me.
One chap is running Mandrake desktops on Debian servers, and liked the
feature.

I think the non-signature aspect is only a temporary situation though,
isn't it?
Regards,

David.