USB devices and usb-storage module.

Following the helpful responses to my previous post, I got my CD-RW and USB
SmartMedia card-reader working.  The problem with the card-reader was that
although the usb-uhci, usb-ohci and usbcore modules had been loaded
automatically, usb-storage had not.  I did "modprobe usb-storage" and
/dev/sda and /dev/sda1 magically appeared.

My question is this: exactly what do I need to do in /etc/modutils so that
this module loads automatically at the next boot?  I have read man
update-modules and man modules.conf, but I find them rather confusing and
don't want to break anything.  (I'll also want to do the same thing with
the module for the webcam later.)

Thanks,
Adam