Re: Anyone compile/use transcode in stable/testing

High,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ramasubramanian Ramesh wrote:

> All,
>
>   My search on package with the name transcode returned nothing. Thus I am assuming that it is not
> part of standard debian distros. Given that, any one compiled/installed/used the transcode package
> for creating/modifying/transcoding DVD content?

there is an unofficial site with multimedia Debian packages. It's:
http://www.bunkus.org/

and there is another site of which I lost track, but the deb sources still
work, so add this to your sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb http://www.bunkus.org/debian/unstable/ ./

Perhaps you still have to compile some packages yourself, but most is up
to date and works fine.

> The source has a single step .deb creation command, but it also has references to docs that says
> that setup does not yet work. So, I am not sure.

usually it is, after unpacking: fakeroot debian/rules binary

> I intend to compile it over the weekend and like any input/advise that makes things easy.

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)