Re: Worrying message at boot re. mount error

Hello

Hanspeter Kunz (<hkunz@ailab.ch>) wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:37, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>>
>> I've noticed a worrying message at boot. It comes just after
>> "Cleaning /tmp /var/run /var/lock"
>>
>> and reads:
>> "mount: wrong fstype, bad option, bad superblock on tmpfs, or
>> too many mounted filesystems"
>>
>> In spite of this, everything seems to work as it should and
>> /var/log/boot does not show the same error message. Something
>> misconfigured I suppose but I can't think where. Anyone know what it
>> refers to or what needs to be done for it?
>>
> check /etc/fstab, I guess one of the entries is the problem.

I thought that too, but (at least on Woody) the file systems in the
fstab are mounted /before/ /tmp, /var/lock and /var/run are cleaned
(logical, isn't it?). His problem appears /after/ cleaning these
directories, so the problem maybe is caused by some initscript trying
to mount tmpfs.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--