x-ttcidfont-conf help?

When I installed Woody, defoma and x-ttcidfont-conf were installed along with it. I assume from what I've read that x-ttcidfont-conf is designed to control my TrueType fonts, rather than X itself.

Well, that's all fine and good, but x-ttcidfont-conf doesn't seem to be able to find my fonts. I've installed msttcorefonts to get Arial, Verdana, and a few others, and they show up in /usr/share/fonts and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType, but not in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, as I assume they should.

I've gone ahead and replaced my XFS source lines with the above x-ttcidfont-conf alternative, like debconf suggested, and I've reconfigured both x-ttcidfont-conf and msttcorefonts, but to no avail.

How is this stuff supposed to work?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]