Re: Debain on the rise ! - However ....

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 03:35:28PM -0500, David Clymer wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 13:32, W. B. Maguire II wrote:
<snip>
> > The end result?  The end result is unfortunate for Debian.  I really *did*
> > want to try Debian, but with the only response I got to my
> > hour-long-researching-post being "compile your own kernel", that pretty
> > much shut this new-comer down!  So, I'm probably going to be using Gentoo
> > instead.

>From Debian to Gentoo?  Hold on there.  That's jumping out of the frying
pan and in to fire.  Tried Knoppix yet?  It's Debian mixed with Hardware
Helper.  It's worth a try.  If your mobo works with Knoppix and not with
a pure Debian install, now you've got the makings of an interesting post
for the list.

> So, you didnt get a whole pile of quick fix answers? it happens.

Remember that you are asking for gift time from
people so be thankful that you get anything at all.