Re: Re: microsoft sidewinder joystick and linux

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 15:23, Frederico Rodrigues Abraham wrote:
> Is there a way i can make my USB Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick work > in linux? No, right ?
>    Thanks
>    -- Fred

I see you haven't done even a basic amount of research on the subject. Most USB joysticks, including the MS Sidewinder, work under the joystick
driver that's part of input core support.  Here's a link with some
distro-neutral info on the subject:

http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x194.html

Next time please use google or the list archives for basic questions
before posting, or at least communicate what you've attempted and what
errors you're getting.
--
Chris Eisley <chris@cepheus.net>

Sorry... well you're right, i went to that page and the joystick is working fine when i test cat /dev/input/js0...(i even had the kernel modules already installed...) The thing is, the snes emulator is saying there are no joysticks available... I guess it's only about this particular program right...
    Thanks
    -- Fred

ike:~/winnt/games/snes/roms> zsnes

ZSNES v1.36 (c) 1997-2002, ZSNES Team (zsKnight & _Demo_)

Be sure to check http://www.zsnes.com/ for the latest version.
Please report crashes to zsnes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net.

ZSNES is written by the ZSNES Team (See AUTHORS.TXT)
ZSNES comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions;
please read 'LICENSE' thoroughly before using it.

Use ZSNES -? for command line definitions.

MMX support found and enabled.

ZSNES could not find any joysticks.