Re: plex86

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> According to unstable's plex86 page
> <http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/plex86>, it has been
> superceded by bochs. But I thought plex86 was a virtual machine
> and bochs was an emulator. Isn't there a big difference?

yapp, I saw that, too. I tried bochs recently, and if I remember
correctly, bochs fails to start, if plex86 is not available ---
allthough "bochs _suggests_ plex86-kernel-src", not _depends on_.
Nosing around on the bochs website, it seems to me that including
plex86 is a relatively new feature. The installation of
plex86-kernel-src is cream, including compiling, packaging and
installing the kernel modules --- on 2.4 kernel, that is. Anyway,
I did not get it to work on my 2.6.x kernel.

So, yes these are different items, but no, bochs won't do
without, it seems.

Cheers,
Erich