Re: need advice on fixing my home lan

	You can know the speed your NIC are running with mii-diag. Install the
mii-diag package if you haven't already done it and type "mii-diag ethx"
with ethx your network interface. By default it is eth0. This will show
the speed and duplex mode your NICs are running.

	But the speed will also the depend on the network equipment you're
using. If you're using a HUB or a switch or if you're using a direct
connection between 2 hosts.