Re: Where can I get lame for "testing"

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:47:07 -0400, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> I'm setting up a new "testing" machine/
>
> lame appears in dselect, and I've tried to install it that way, but it
> does not install. I've tried apt-get install lame, and I get "No
> installation caidate"
>
> What can I do to fix this?

Due to legal issues, lame is not in the official Debian archive. But you
can always find it on another unofficial repository, like
marillat.free.fr.

Try http://marillat.free.fr. Unfortunately, it's down at the moment as
we speak, but I am assuming that's merely a temporary thing. That site
has directions for using the marillat repository for sarge.

--
scott c. linnenbringer    |  sl@panix.com
http://www.panix.com/~sl  | sl@moslug.org