Re: compatible FS between linux and windows

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 06:02:37AM -0400, kmark@pipeline.com wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Christian Schoeller wrote:
>
> > Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>:
> > > CD ROM media -- iso9660 and udf fs are compatible.
> > > (and floppies and usb thumbdrives)
> >
> > Concerning thumbdrives: this isn't a must. Still today there are
> > USB-drives sold without *any* compatibility to other OS than Windows.
> I guess I missed those. Can you site any example? (ones to avoid) In the
> US? The Euro-Zone? ;-)

Unfortunately I can't really tell you the name of such USB drives, but
I know for sure that there are some because one year ago I had one of
them. I brought it back to the shop and they refunded me the money, so
I later bought a Jetflash USB drive. This one is compatible now  with
MacOS/Linux/Windows (I tried all three OS and it works perfectly).

C.

P.S. the Euro-Zone (Austria) :-)

--
Christian Schoeller {Student}  | "I'm in favor of legalizing drugs.
MAIL {mailto:c_p_s@gmx.net}    | If people want to kill themselves,