Re: problems installing java

I still don't have java working; Firebird just crashes, so I'm probably /not/ the best one to give any suggestions here -- *but* my first question to you would be, do you *have* those directories dpkg mentions, particularly the latter one? ;)

h: Krisse

tripolar wrote:
well back in town and trying to install java on mothers pc so she can
goto websites with java.
I first upgraded her system to sid ( because that is what mine is)
then added a site from apt-get.org for j2re1.4
did apt-get install j2re1.4
then this-
Setting up j2re1.4 (1.4.0.99beta-1) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make
/usr/lib/mozilla-cvs/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so.dpkg-tmp a symlink to
/etc/a            lternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so: No such
file or directory
dpkg: error processing j2re1.4 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 j2re1.4

any ideas?