Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 at 12:38 GMT, Hoyt Bailey penned:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monique Y. Herman"
In theory, we have a multi-party system.  In practice, voting for a
"third-party" candidate is a wasted vote, because everyone "knows" that
every vote cast outside of the Big Two is wasted, and so no one bothers.

If we had a system in which we could vote more than once, for example by
specifying a first, second, and third choice, maybe we would see some
shake-up.

Vote for your third-party during the primary, to get the third party some name-recognition and perhaps on the general ballot, and then vote for the lesser-of-two-evils in the General Election.

--
Kent