Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:20:31PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I have no faith in America.  Not that I wish it ill, quite the
> contrary.  It could have been great.  We just let the greedy get too
> powerful.  Last I checked, America was supposed to be by the people,
> for the people, not by the people for the rich and privleged.

They used to laugh at us because we were fatter than everybody else.
Now I've been hearing about how fat the fast of the developped world is
getting too.  They blame us, but I don't buy it.  A *true* philosophy of
equality amoung humanity recognizes that nobody is any worse, but nor is
anybody any better, than anybody else.

Poverty and disease tends to breed things like religion and passions.
Relative absences of those (our homeless can be fat) is us :-)

I wonder if it'll always be like that...