Re: RFC: Create d-user-woody, d-user-sarge maillists, deactivate d-user

Am 2003-12-02 11:20:24, schrieb Michael Perry:

>I think that this is a good idea overall.  Since I also track a bit of
>freebsd stuff, I always liked their approach to having email lists for

I am on FreeBSD and NetBSD Lists... ;-)

>Perhaps there should be a discussion whether a debian-questions mailing
>list could be used in addition to the release specific mailing lists?

Yes I thinking about this too.

>One other minor point is that we have debian-user and debian-laptop
>which seems to focus on questions on all the versions for various
>platforms.  debian-laptop focuses on mobile users it appears while
>debian-user is more generic.  Will the debian-laptop mailing list also
>be divided up into different releases?  I pose this question because we

Good question...

>could make almost 6 or so mailing lists from the two we have now if we
>divide up both debian-user and debian-laptop into groups oriented toward

Iam thinking, that it will be a good idea to split debian-user
and others like debian-user-german into Release-Related lists.

I am using only Stable and 70% of the Discusion on debian-user-german
is related to testing and unstable... The List have curently around
14 MByte Traffic per month and the most is not related to me.
Which mean it is unnessesary traffic for me... Maybe others too ;-)

>releases.  Would there be a move to bring together debian-user and
>debian-laptop into one list focusing on the releases or would we have
>debian-questions and debian-laptop-questions as an example?

Hmmm...

>The traffic on debian user usually means I subscribe only to the digest
>version and then I use formail to rip apart the archives into single
>emails.  I would definitely subscribe to various lists because I
>administer personal systems running unstable and servers running stable.

Yes, I am too...
Curently I am on 37 Debian-Lists...
Some has very low traffic and others 14 and more MBytes per month

>I am interested in the wisdom of the lists regarding how debian-user and
>debian-laptop would be organized or re-arranged (if at all).

I think, this problem occurs in debian-user-german too as I have writen

Greetings
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.