Re: unchecked 31 times

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 at 02:41 GMT, Tom Vier penned:

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:39:16PM -0800, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

Is there any need for a /boot partition on modern hardware?  Why do
you like a seperate boot partition?

yes, many bootloaders (aboot, silo, lilo) can only read ext2.

Odd.  I use lilo on unstable, and look at what mount says:

/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)

It occurred to me after posting almost the exact same response that probably Tom was referring to the case where / was either reiserfs or xfs or jfs, or...

	~c