Re: Rationale

> One of the things I thoroughly dislike about unices is that anybody and
> his mother who thinks he is able to write a program, think they have
> the god given right to bother a whole system with his fscked up s**t,
> ie. 'adjust' the whole environment for some particular program.

Once upon a time, at my work place, we had a (shared) UNIX system on a
DEC machine.   There was one user who flooded the whole environment
with his untidy junk.    The sys-admin bloke used to be kept busy cleaning
up his mess.  The problem only went away when he emigrated to Canada.

On an "owner-occupier" system you need a bit of system hygiene,  and to
keep one eye on the accepted F.H.S.

Best regards.

Geoff