Re: allowing root to ftp to localhost

* Micha Feigin (michf@post.tau.ac.il) [031127 18:55]:
> How do I allow root to ftp to localhost but not allow it to ftp in
> remotly?

Which FTP daemon are you using?

You might find (depending on your daemon) that the easiest way of
accomplishing this is to run two separate instances of the daemon
running with two separate configs.  One can listen only on 127.0.0.1 and
will allow root logins.  The other can listen on an external address and
disallow them.

Certain ftp daemons are configurable enough to effect this setup in a
single instance, but I can't really recommend one.  (FTP is dead to me.)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/