Re: SA, Debian Woody, Exim3, help

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 at 10:22 GMT, Scott Ehrlich penned:
> Yes:
>
> more /etc/default/spamassassin # /etc/default/spamd.conf # Duncan
> Findlay # November 2001
>
> # WARNING read README.spamd before using.  THERE ARE SECURITY RISKS!
>
> # Change to one to enable spamd ENABLED=1
>
> # Options # See man spamd for possible options. The -d option is
> automatically added.  OPTIONS="-c" #OPTIONS="-F 0"
>

> I've reviewed my procmail log file many times and there are _no_ hints
> as to what is going on.  At one point, verbose=yes had exim returning
> a message to the sending host, as a mailer-daemon notification, simply
> saying procmail was running, but no error.  I turned verbose=off and
> that stopped happening.
>
> Scott

(Please don't top post.)

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but do you see it in ps?  Here's what I see:

# ps -eaf | grep spamd
root     27187     1  0 Oct24 ?        00:00:17 /usr/sbin/spamd -m 10 -d --pidfile=/var/run/spamd.pid

Also, I'm not sure which "verbose" you're referencing, but when I set
VERBOSE=yes in my .procmailrc, I see the following in my procmail log:

procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/spamc"

--
monique