Re: Install problems on Asus A7V333

On Sunday 30 November 2003 2:01 pm, Chris Gumm wrote:
> I'm trying to get debian installed on an asus A7V333 and I am
> running in to a problem. Now, I didn't think debian supported the
> RAID controler so I disabled it with a jumper setting. Now when it
> gets to the partition hd, I have 3 choices, /dev/ataraid0, /dev/hda
> and /dev/hdab. When I patition /dev/hda, it won't write the
> information and gets stuck in this endless loop.
>
> Any thoughts?

I installed woody on the same board (with the factory configuration)
some time ago with no problems.  some thoughts which may or may not
be helpful:

the slots for raid and non-raid configurations are different due to
differing controllers.  took me two or three look-sees to make sure i
had the right slots.

not sure if this will be helpful.

bob