Re: RFC: Create d-user-woody, d-user-sarge maillists, deactivate d-user

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:28:52 -0800
"Hereon" <hereon1@fastmail.us> wrote:

> Request For Comment on:
>   Enhancing the Debian mailing lists by:
>   Creating debian-user-woody and debian-user-sarge mailing lists,
>   and deactivating debian-user.

I can see what motivates the proposal, and I can see that Woody-only
people who never ever want anything from testing/unstable might benefit
from a degree of reduced traffic in a Woody M/L, but anyone else is likely
going to need to subscribe to both the versions, with an irritating
maintainance overhead (e.g. when going away on holidays, or checking that
one is replying to the right list when someone has set a reply-to to
somewhere else, etc.).

And would the terrific people who solve all our problems be active in both
the lists?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber