Re: Query

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:25, dhiraj kiran wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a query pertaining to Debian Linux
> installation.
> For the complete installation of Debian Linux(on line
> installation), is it a must that I have a LAN internet
> connection? The installation manual clearly indicates
> that the essential prerequisite for installation is
> having a network card.  Can I do the installation
> through a dialup connection, since I do not have an
> ethernet(n/w) card and mine is a standalone PC?
>
> Dhiraj

I believe you can, but it will take 'forever' on a dial-up.   Several hundred
megabytes at least.   You're much better off to get the CD-ROMs by mail order
(search in Google for a supplier).   The first two of the seven CDs contain
*almost* all the programs you're likely to want for a typical installation
(and you can fill in any extras by dial-up).

cr