Re: USB storage device, devfs, and /dev/scsi/*

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 at 21:43 GMT, Hugo van der Merwe penned:
> I've got a USB storage device (what should one call these things? I
> hate calling it a "flash disk" since I feel it's not a disk (disc?) ;)
> It worked great at one point. However, recently, it still seems to
> register fine, etc etc, but the mountable device no longer appears in
> my devfs /dev/. How can I debug this, what should I look for, what
> might be missing?

I don't know about the technical side, but what about calling it a
"drive" vs. a "disk"?  I don't think there's any technical inaccuracy
there ...

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.