Re: Installation Problem

Hello

georg.hellwig@degussa.com (<georg.hellwig@degussa.com>) wrote:

> I've got a new distribution "woody"
>
> I boot from CD-Rom but than the computer cannot
> find my hard disks ( 2 SCSI) he asked to load some modules
>
> I think they are on the CD but he requests floppies.
>
> It is possible to let the installation know that everything is on CD ?

You should try another kernel. The standard installation kernel
(2.2.20idepci) may not have the drivers you need, but maybe some of the
other installation kernels do. Press F3 after booting to see wich ones
are available. Type bf24 at the prompt directly after booting to load
2.4.18 for installation.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--