Re: alternative to mrproject (gnome project planner)

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:49:16 +0200,
Sourian <sourian@go.ro> wrote in message
<[🔎] 6.0.0.22.1.20031117114516.01b38a90@mail.go.ro>:

> At 11:34 17.11.2003, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > > ..old SuSE crap???  Urls?

> > > ..if it _is_ crap, it should be shot down, we don't need crap in
> > > Debian.
> >
> > Taskjuggler uses whatever crap is in Suse to build its docbook
> > manuals, it seems to be developed in perl 5.6, etc.  But the only
> > thing that pissed me off was that they used an old version of
> > Postscript::Simple (which ain't in Debian yet anyway), and that they
> > have some bugs in that thing.
> >
> > Nothing serious in taskjuggler itself, except maybe for updating the
> > docbook stuff.  It worked fine in perl 5.8, even the unicode stuff
> > worked right. But I doubt the generated postscript for the GANNT
> > frontend will work well with anything but iso-8859-1 output, and
> > that after you fix it adding '-iso' after all the postscript font
> > names.
>
> Hi,
>
> Don't know if it was said but try:
>
> http://www.dotproject.net/

..this includes the above Taskjuggler?

> It works fine for me as an alternative to the infamous/costly M$
> Project Server.
>
> However, this needs mysql-php-apache, but it runs perfectly.

..uhoh.  I would have called it 0.10.0, 0.10.1, and 0.11.0 etc until
I had postgresql support, or some other transaction lock control.
And Sourceforge might wanna know about the dot mods.

..can this handle say 50 people working a project at the same
time, or is it essentially a "single seat" app?

> Regards,
> Sourian

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: