Re: kind of virtual server

--On Sunday, November 9, 2003 10:44 +0100 LeVA <leva@fbi.hu> wrote:

Hello!

Is it possible to make some kind of a little virtual server inside a
debian box? I want to run a separate sshd (for example on port 2222),

I'm not certain, but maybe user mode linux would be something you want to look at?

Take a look at http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net and then 'apt-get install user-mode-linux'

Basically it will run a completely new linux kernel instance in your debian box, with it's own IP address and everything. You could of course use the same IP as on your real host, and NAT port 222 on your host to port 22 on your virtual server.

Best regards,

Sid