Re: can't start KDE as user

Paul Scott wrote:
Darryl Barlow wrote:

The first thing I would try is deleting .(or renaming) .kde in your home directory. Then start kde. If it still fails to login then check /var/log/
XFree86.0.log and post the relevant messages if you still need help.

I removed .kde several times. There were not any relevant error messages in any log that I could find.

As you can see from my other post it's fixed now.

Thanks,

Paul

Didn't read the whole thread, but removing

.xsession

in the home directory helped me more than once when I couldn't login as user. It's being created again at the next login.

Andreas